WordPress Self-Hosted Blogs – Part 1 – How to Create a Page
These step are based mostly on the WordPress 2.7 model, which is the most recent model thus far.
CREATING A NEW POST
1. New Publish button: Click on on the New Publish button after which sort in your title within the title subject. Titles are seen in summaries on RSS feeds, so it is extremely necessary to have a robust title with key phrases every time attainable.
2. Weblog Submit: Now write your weblog publish in space offered and format it with font colors, headers, paragraph font, and add media reminiscent of footage, video, and/or audio.
three. Excerpt: Go to the Excerpt subject and write a fast, keyword-rich excerpt or abstract of your weblog publish.
four. Trackback Hyperlinks: When you have mentioned one other individual, particularly a blogger or their article, make sure to put a trackback hyperlink to allow them to know.
5. Dialogue: Go to the dialogue area and permit or disallow feedback in your publish. I all the time permit feedback on my weblog however don’t permit them once I create a web page. By default, “permit pingbacks” is about. Depart the setting and permit pingbacks.
6. Tags: add tags as per the earlier directions and keep in mind that they’re specific to every submit you create.
7. Classes: select and choose probably the most applicable class on your submit
eight. Publish: go as much as the publish field and regulate the settings as you need them. You’ll be able to publish instantly, set a future date, or reserve it as a draft.
Congratulations!! You’ve got simply created a weblog submit!
CREATING A NEW PAGE
1. New Web page: Click on on the drop down arrow on the New Submit button and click on on New Web page. As with creating a brand new submit, sort in your title within the title subject.
2. New Web page Content material: Now write the content material on your new web page in space offered and format it with font colors, headers, paragraph font, add media reminiscent of footage, video, and/or audio. Keep in mind that pages are static content material and are used for “About Us”, “Contact Us”, and so forth.
three. Dialogue: Go to the dialogue subject and permit or disallow feedback in your publish. I usually don’t permit feedback on my pages, however do permit them on my weblog posts. By default, “permit pingbacks” is about and you may depart it at that.
a. Father or mother: you’ll be able to select to have this web page be a principal web page, or a subpage of an already established web page. Learn the instance they provide on this space.
b. Template: In case your theme has customized templates for pages, you will notice them within the drop down list-you can apply a template to the web page you simply created if you wish to. See the instance given.
c. Order: you possibly can change the order of how your pages seem on the navigation bar. Learn the instance given.
5. Publish: go as much as the publish field and regulate the settings as you need them. You possibly can publish instantly, set a future date, or reserve it as a draft.
Congratulations!! You’ve gotten simply created a New Web page!
Key phrases: wordpress