By researching various WordPress social platform plugins, you can make an educated decision about which to choose when it comes to building your website’s online community.
In this article, we will take you through 5 excellent social media plugins for WordPress by highlighting both their benefits and drawbacks.
Released in 2015, this social network plugin integrates seamlessly with WordPress and functions as an out the box solution. No coding or developer knowledge is needed to set it up. It allows you to add a social network to your own website so that you can start your own online community.
In essence, this plugin is ideal for small communities who want a platform that allows them to explore their commonalities.
- This social media plugin is open source which means the basic version is free to use and also very easy to customize.
- Users can create their own profiles, share photos and videos, as well as chat online
- You can run your own advertisements with the plugin and you can decide on the privacy levels of user data.
- While most of the features are free, you will have to upgrade to the paid bundle if you want to enjoy the platform in its entirety.
- Still in the process of developing more common social platform features to integrate.
WP Symposium is a largely customizable social media plugin that offers users a Facebook-like experience with an activity wall, user profiles, and email alerts.
You can connect with and add your friends, create groups and exchange messages. Furthermore, you can also make use of the extra extensions and templates which will give you more overall functionality and customization options.
- You will have access to premium support when and if needed.
- It is exceptionally compatible with WordPress themes and additional plugins.
- You can customize every aspect of this plugin’s layout, from the text to the button labels.
- Although this plugin does give you a number of extensions, the range available is not that competitive when compared to other popular social media WordPress plugins.
- WP Symposium on its own is free, but the extension packs will cost extra.
Ning came into existence in 2004 and is its own SaaS platform, designed to create sites with social capabilities. Within it, you can setup your own network to your exact requirement and overall, it has a strong link to more business orientated social networks.
Utilizing this platform, you can build your own online community, have access to various business tools, and share posts to other social media platforms. Furthermore, it also allows you to upload various media files and gives you access to top-of-the-range customer support.
- It offers accurate analytics of your website visitors, the activity on your website and conversion rates.
- It allows for monetization of the network.
- You have access to different design themes, allowing you to customize your platform.
- After a 14-day free trial, you will have to make a purchase in order to continue using this product.
- The packages available come with limited bandwidth.
Halo is another out of the box social network plugin solution for WordPress websites. There are three versions of it available, ranging from free to paid with increased functionality the more you pay.
Much like Facebook, this WordPress plugin allows you to upload your own cover and profile picture and also allows you to update your status. You can also create events like birthdays, as well as create and join groups and pages where like-minded people can be found.
- You have access to a support forum whenever you need assistance.
- Community functionality to connect with other people online or in your business.
- You have a personal chat option which gives you the opportunity of really getting to know your audience.
- You have to purchase a package to have access to all of Halo’s features even basic ones like chat.
This flexible software has been around for a number of years and is well established in the social media networking community. It is an official WordPress plugin, which means it is compatible with all themes and will allow you to create an online community within your WordPress website.
Users can set up their own profiles, view an activity stream, create and join user groups, send messages, receive notifications, and more.
- comes with loads of features and integrations.
- Free of charge.
- You have the support of the WordPress community if you need help navigating the installation or perfecting your optimization.
- Some plugins are not updated frequently.
Considering that more than 30% of websites are now powered by WordPress, it is not surprising that the extensive open source software supports social platform plugins.
Similarly, the ability to seamlessly ad WordPress social platform plugins that add in-demand functionality to your website has helped WordPress to establish itself as one of the most popular CMS platforms to date.
If you would like to migrate to WordPress, contact WordHerd for a free quote. WordHerd can work with you to safely and securely migrate any platform to WordPress without compromising your data. By trusting us with your website, we can help you choose a CMS that will truly compliment the unique needs of your online business.