Lately I experimented with a jQuery occasion calendar on our Reserving System. Our earlier model makes use of ASP.NET to construct the reserving chart as a complete on the server after which renders the lot to the browser. It was a bit sluggish and clunky, however labored.
I wished to have a PHP model of the Room Reserving System so did a fast port from the ASP.NET C # to PHP, after which I dropped the jQuery fullcalendar part on the web page. I used an online service for the info which was nonetheless written in C # in opposition to a Microsoft SQLServer database.
The results have been gorgeous! Moreover wanting nicer, the pace of replace was unbelievable – like a Home windows utility. In fact, that is achieved as a result of the web page runs nearly completely within the browser and calendar navigation could request simply small quantity of knowledge utilizing AJAX in opposition to the net service.
May I write the whole utility like this ?
Can I simply use jQuery and nothing else? Possibly – however not but, not completely. As impressed as I’m with jQuery, I really feel it's simply one of many instruments within the software program developer's toolbox. I'll use jQuery increasingly more however I'll be utilizing.NET and PHP too. Right here's how I summarise it:
- Good Consumer Expertise, near a Home windows GUI
- Spectacular pace
- Coders wouldn’t have to fret about Browser variations
- Reduces Server Load as fewer round-trips
- Extensively used, good group help
- Many parts already developed
- Open Supply
- You most likely nonetheless want a Server framework for initialisation and Session administration
- You want one other app to provide your knowledge (like an online service) written in one other language (like.NET, Java or PHP)
- In bigger apps, slower to code than PHP or ASP.NET
- You must perceive CSS
- Can nonetheless be troublesome to debug, particularly if scripts intervene with one another.
- Supply code is troublesome to guard
- Is usually a little cryptic to learn
When you’ve got not tried jQuery then you must undoubtedly achieve this. It's straightforward to get into and can improve your internet functions